FIBARO Smoke Sensor is a universal, optical Z-Wave smoke detector. Fire alarm is signaled by sound, visual indicator blinking and by sending Z-Wave alarm and control commands.
The optical sensor detects smoke at an early stage of fire, often before flames appear and temperature starts to rise significantly. Moreover the device has a built-in temperature sensor, which is programmable indicator of exceeding set temperature level.
FIBARO Smoke Sensor is designed to be placed on a wall or ceiling. Visual indicator signals fire, operating mode and is used to see if device is within the Z-Wave network. The smoke sensor is designed to operate in confined spaces, under normal conditions (lacking smoke, dust, condensed water vapor).
Features of Smoke Sensor in version 3.1 — 3.3
- Compatible with any Z-Wave or Z-Wave+ Controller
- Supports protected mode (Z-Wave network security mode) with AES-128 encryption
- Extremely easy installation – simply install it in location prone to fire
- Battery powered
- 3 levels of sensors sensitivity
- Built-in casing opening detector
- Alarm is signaled by sound, visual indicator and Z-Wave control command
- Programmable excess temperature warning
- Automatic test performed every 10 seconds