The beautifully designed Bang & Olufsen BeoSound Edge is like no other wireless speaker we’ve seen. It looks like a 20-inch coin elegantly balanced on edge. Backlit controls appear near your fingertips when you approach it. The intensity of your touch controls the volume. The bass port automatically opens and closes for optimal bass at any listening level. Calling this speaker «futuristic» would be an understatement.
And this remarkable powered speaker is compatible with all major wireless technologies — Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2, DLNA, and Chromecast builit-in. The BeoSound Edge can even be part of a BeoLink multi-room audio system.
Advanced touch control
The BeoSound Edge has a highly polished aluminum body. When you approach it, proximinity sensors backlight the etched in touch controls.
To adjust the volume, slightly roll the speaker either to the right or left. The BeoSound Edge measures the intensity of your touch. Push lightly, the volume changes a little. Push hard, and the volume dramatically changes.
When you release the speaker, it automatically rolls back into position. And when you walk away, the control lights go out, leaving an unbroken gleaming metal surface.
Inside the BeoSound Edge is an amazing array of speakers. Each side features two outward-facing drivers: a 3/4″ tweeter for clean, clear highs, and a 4″ midrange driver for detailed mids. There’s also a single 10″ dual voice coil woofer for reproducing deep bass. Each speaker is powered by its own Class D amplifier for accurate sound.
Bang & Olufsen’s active bass port closes itself for low volumes, and opens for higher volumes. This helps keep the sound balanced, ensuring that the bass doesn’t overpower the other frequencies.
Because both sides have speakers, you can select the direction of the sound. If you’re placing the speaker flat against a wall, you can select playback from just one side or the other. Or have all speakers play to create an omnidirectional 360° soundfield.
The BeoSound Edge features Bluetooth 4.2, so you can stream high-quality sound from your smartphone or tablet. Built-in Wi-Fi® connects the BeoSound Edge to your home network and the internet for more listening choices.
Built-in Apple AirPlay 2 technology lets you play audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through the speaker. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
DLNA technology lets you find and play content wirelessly from compatible AndroidT phones and tablets or Windows® PCs. And the speaker has Spotify® Connect built-in for use with both Apple and Android devices.
Versatile multi-room audio
Bang & Olufsen uses Chromecast built-in to create a multi-room wireless audio network. Download the free Beoplay control app from either the Apple App Store or Google Play to start. The app lets you remotely control your BeoSound Edge, as well other Beoplay and BeoSound speakers in your home.
The app has Deezer built in for additional music choices, plus TuneIn so you can enjoy internet radio stations from around the world. You can have all your compatible B&O speakers play the same song throughout your home, or have each speaker play a different song from a different source — or any combination in between.
The BeoSound Edge speaker system rests on an included floor stand. You can also wall-mount the speaker with optional mounting hardware (not included). The included custom-designed fabric cover has a rich, luxurious appearance that can make it a focal point for your room.
- built-in Bluetooth 4.2 for high-quality streaming from smartphones and tablets
- Apple AirPlay 2 for streaming music from an iPhone, iPod, or computer’s iTunes®
- DLNA for streaming from Android™ smartphones, tablets, and compatible PCs
- Google Chromecast built-in lets you stream content via the cloud with compatible apps
- BeoLink for wireless multi-room audio
- 3/4″ tweeters, two 4″ midrange drivers, and one 10″ dual voice coil woofer
- active bass port automatically opens and closes according to the volume level for clear bass
- powered by 6 Class D amplifiers for accurate sound
- total system power: 800 watts
- 100 watts x 2 for the tweeters
- 100 watts x 2 for the midrange drivers
- 200 watts x 2 for the dual voice coil woofer
- selectable sound modes: left side, right side, or True360° omnidirectional sound
- pressure-sensitive counter-balanced controls
- proximity sensor lights up the controls when you approach
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- Apple Watch® app control
- Deezer music streaming service built-in
- TuneIn internet radio built-in
- control multiple compatible B&O speakers to play the same song simultaneously or different songs in different rooms
- customizable speaker and group names
- displays current song and artist information
- Live Search to find radio stations playing specific song or artist
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to your home network
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) provides fast, reliable wireless streaming
- highly polished aluminum body
- custom designer fabric covering
- wall-mountable with optional mounting hardware (not included)
- includes a detachable floor stand
- requires AC power, power cable included
- 20″ diameter x 5-1/8″D
- weight: 28.6 lbs.
What’s in the box:
- Wireless audio speaker
- 2 Grilles
- Floor stand
- 4 Screws. Allen-wrench