The Devialet Classic Phantom delivers high-performance sound that can easily fill a room. Actually, with 1,200 watts of peak power, it might also break the lease. This high-tech speaker is carefully crafted to deliver finely detailed sound no matter the volume.
Serious high-performance audio
The Classic Phantom features a center-firing aluminum tweeter and midrange driver. The two side-firing bass drivers offer bass response down to 16 Hz. You might not be able to hear that low, but you’ll feel the vibrations. The speaker’s built-in DAC (digital-to-analog converter) can play high-resolution digital audio sources, and the Classic Phantom can reproduce them with accuracy and clarity.
Stream music from your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth. The Devialet Spark control app natively supports Spotify® Connect. With your Spotify Premium subscription, you can stream from this service using your Spotify app.
Built-in Apple AirPlay® lets you play audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through the Classic Phantom. The speaker is also compatible with Universal Plug ‘n’ Play (UPnP) high-resolution streaming, for music stored on your media server or NAS drive.
You can hardwire the Classic Phantom to your network with an Ethernet cable. A Toslink digital audio input gives you even more options. You can run a digital optical cable from your TV, game console, or high-performance disc player.
Roon-compatible for serious music lovers
The Classic Phantom is also compatible with Roon, a subscription digital music player for your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Roon accesses your digital music collection from your iTunes library or NAS drive. It also works with your TIDAL subscription.
Roon lets you do deep dives into your music, showing artist bios, photos, reviews, and lyrics. Roon can also suggest other artists and songs based on your selections, making it easy to discover new music you’ll enjoy.
You can use Classic Phantom and other compatible Devialet Phantom Premier speakers in a wireless multi-room audio system with the addition of a Devialet Dialog hub (available separately). The system uses your home’s Wi-Fi network. The Spark app lets you group speakers together. Play a Qobuz album through a Gold Phantom in the den while your Classic in the family room plays a Spotify mix. Selections and volume for each speaker are controlled through the Spark app.
- built-in Wi-Fi for wireless music streaming when connected to a home network
- Bluetooth wireless audio streaming with aptX support for better sound with compatible devices
- Apple AirPlay for streaming music from an iPhone, iPod, or computer’s iTunes®
- Universal Plug ‘n’ Play (UPnP) high-resolution streaming
- 1 aluminum tweeter, 1 aluminum midrange driver, and 2 aluminum side-firing bass drivers
- high-resolution playback up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution
- peak power: 1,200 watts
- frequency response: 16-25,000 Hz (-6dB)
- maximum volume: 101 dB SPL
Devialet Spark app:
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- Spotify Connect built-in (subscription required)
- stream from compatible services such as TIDAL, Qobuz, Pandora, TuneIn, and Deezer (subscriptions may be required)
- control multiple compatible Phantom Premier Series speakers
- play the same song everywhere simultaneously or different songs in different rooms
- customizable speaker and group names
- control volume, play, pause and skip tracks
- top-mounted touch-sensitive control buttons
- Roon-ready (subscription required)
- Toslink optical digital input for connecting a TV, disc player, or game console
- supports 2-channel PCM only; not compatible with Dolby Digital signals
- Ethernet port
- requires AC power, cable included
- stainless steel sides
- 9-15/16″W x 10″H x 13-3/8″D
- weight: 25.1 lbs.