- High-performance Class A headphone amplifier with front-panel volume control
- Built-in USB DAC plays PCM digital audio sources up to 24-bit/192kHz (up to 32-bit/384kHz supported by Mac only)
- Three-position gain switch optimizes performance with a wide variety of headphones
- Preamp mode with variable RCA output for connection to an outboard power amp or self-amplified speakers
- Sleek industrial design by BMW DesignWorks USA
What is it?
If music is an important part of your life you deserve to hear the real thing. The Deckard is a powerhouse of a headphone amplifier combined with a high-performance DAC. There’s a front panel volume control and switches to choose gain and input so you can use the Deckard as a great line-level preamp to drive your whole desktop system. The sound is exciting and dynamic with beautifully rendered tonal colors that make music come alive.
You’ll not only be proud of how the Deckard sounds, it also looks striking on the desktop with beautifully machined heatsinks down each side. Our strategic partner Designworks, a BMW group subsidiary, provided the industrial design for the Deckard. Audeze combined their cutting-edge designs with our own circuit technologies to create an astonishingly accurate sounding headphone amplifier.
In addition to its outstanding performance with headphones, the Deckard can also double as a preamp to create a simple, high-quality stereo system. Just hook up your PC and a second audio component to its USB and line-level inputs, then connect the Audeze’s RCA preamp outputs to the powered speakers, or amp and passive speaker combo of your choice. A front-panel switch lets you choose between sources, while the volume control adjusts signal output to your preferred listening levels — perfect for those times when you need a break from your ‘phones.
How does it work?
The DAC section has impressive specs and handles 16 to 32-bits and 44.1kHz to 384kHz sampling rates. The Deckard features a single-ended class-A output stage with good damping characteristics to control the strong and tuneful bass. Its power handling capabilities at lower impedances is ideal for planar magnetic headphones, but It drives any headphone with power to spare.
The style and build quality is simply outstanding, the brushed aluminum finish and heft of the Deckard is substantial. The Deckard has input and gain settings with a smooth-turning volume control and puts out 4W of incredibly low-distortion sound for more air, separation and soundstaging abilities.
The Deckard powers up your music using Class A amplification — an amp design long prized by audiophiles for its tonal purity and open sound. Its 4-watt power rating and 3-position gain switch also means this amp is capable of driving virtually any headphone to high levels with low distortion. Audeze wraps all this goodness in a beautifully built chassis crafted by the BMW Group DesignworksUSA.
What’s in the box?
- Audeze Deckard Headphone Amplifier and DAC
- 6′ AC power cord (IEC 3-prong plug)
- 6′ USB cable (Type A USB on one end and Type B USB on other end)
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Driver and User’s Guide on mini CD-ROM