- Circumaural, premium headphones for music enjoyment at home and to go
- Neutral highs and bass tones and excellent spatial reproduction
- Optimum wearing comfort, even when enjoying music for several hours
- Hi-fi headphones (semi-open)
- Made in Germany
What is it?
Music lovers delight in its natural, vibrant sound as well as its excellent spacious reproduction. The semi-open headphones attenuate ambient noise, but do not exclude it completely, and thus convey a harmonious sound experience. These headphones have been part of the beyerdynamic portfolio for 20 years and still enjoy exceptional popularity. All components are available as replacement parts, making the DT 880 Edition a reliable companion for many years to come.
The DT 880 stands for quality “Made in Germany”. We only use the best quality parts for these over-ears, which we hand craft in Germany with great care and attention to detail. Many of the parts can also be exchanged and replaced, so you are guaranteed a product that will endure into the future.
- 32 OHMS: Models with an impedance of 32 ohms are extremely versatile and are also ideal for use on mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets for example.
- 250 OHMS: The 250-Ohm headphones were developed primarily for use at home on a stereo system.
- 600 OHMS: The 600-Ohm version gets the best out of hi-fi systems with especially powerful headphone outputs or special headphone amplifiers.
How does it work?
The DT 880 Edition is identical to the DT 880 PRO when it comes to sound. That’s because we use similarly designed acoustic transducers for both headphones. However, the Edition models have a somewhat softer headband for enjoying music at home with maximum comfort while our PRO headset has a slightly tighter fit on the head so that it doesn’t move even in everyday studio use. Moreover, the Edition version is supplied with a straight cable and the PRO version with a coiled cable.
The DT 880 Edition sounds very neutral and relaxed. The bass reproduction penetrates very deeply, but is not overstated. This feature is particularly appealing to lovers of jazz and classical music because it gives the headphones a really transparent sound and makes the individual components of the music clearly audible. Thanks to its semi-open design, the DT 880 Edition allows some ambient noise to penetrate and escape, but attenuates it somewhat stronger than in the case of a fully open headphone such as the DT 990 Edition.
The over-ear headphones are very light for their size and ensure a pleasant fit thanks to their carefully selected materials. The soft ear pads are made from breathable and skin-friendly velour, effectively keeping any build-up of heat away from your ears and allowing you to enjoy music for hours. The combination of comfortable headband and robust yokes made from aluminium ensure a comfortable fit and an excellent stability.
What’s in the box?
- Beyerdynamic DT 880 Edition Dynamic Headphone
- Carry Case
- User Manual