- Circumaural, premium headphones for music enjoyment at home and to go
- Distinctive highs, intense bass and excellent spatial reproduction
- Optimum wearing comfort, even when enjoying music for several hours
- Open design for especially spacious sound, virtually speaker-like
- Made in Germany
What is it?
The DT 990 Edition over-ear headphones have been winning the hearts of countless Hi-Fi and music enthusiasts since the 1980s. The DT 990 Edition has been an integral part of beyerdynamic’s portfolio for more than 20 years – not that this has detracted at all from its popularity: music lovers galore continue to value the stereo headphones as a reliable companion. Boasting vibrant and natural sound, these headphones know how to impress and are also ideally suited for many music styles. Because all components and replacement parts are always available, you are guaranteed a product that is exceptionally durable.
The DT 990 Edition comes in an open back design. This means that background noise outside the headphones remains clearly discernible even at higher volumes. This design lends the music a feeling of a wide soundstage, an appreciation of space that gives almost the same sense of enjoyment as listening to music with loudspeakers. The sound is spectacular. Distinctive highs and intense bass combine to produce a perfect richness of sound that delights rock and pop enthusiasts in particular.
The quality pledge “Made in Germany” starts with the high-quality of the built-in parts. The next step includes hand crafting in Germany, where the product is produced with care and attention to detail. Finally, our products are characterised by durability, since many parts can be exchanged and replaced.
- 32 OHMS: Recommended for versatile use including on mobile devices such as tablets or smartphones.
- 250 OHMS: Developed primarily for use at home on a stereo system.
- 600 OHMS: Ideal for hi-fi systems with especially powerful headphone outputs or special headphone amplifiers.
How does it work?
EXCELLENT WEARING COMFORT: The flexible headband and silky-smooth ear pads ensure wearing comfort “par excellence”. The ear pads are known for their breathable and skin-friendly velour, enabling the listener to enjoy music for hours without any excessive build-up of heat. Thanks to the combination of comfortable headband and robust yokes made from aluminium, the premium headphones ensure a pleasant fit even for long listening sessions.
he DT 990 Edition and the DT 990 PRO are identical when it comes to sound. Identically designed acoustic transducers are used. However, the Edition models have a somewhat softer headband for enjoying music at home while the PRO headset has a slightly tighter fit on the head so that it doesn’t move even in case of faster movements in everyday studio use. Moreover, the PRO version is supplied with a coiled cable and the Edition version with a straight cable.
What’s in the box?
- Beyerdynamic DT 990 Edition Premium Headphones