- Bluetooth 4.1 interface
- Rechargeable battery
- Battery life: up to 25 hours
- Noise cancellation
- Over-the-ear design
- Folding design
- Headset controls
What is it?
The ATH-ANC700BT QuietPoint® wireless over-ear headphones combine Audio-Technica’s proprietary active noise-cancelling technology with Bluetooth® wireless technology and convenient touch and swipe controls built into the earcup: Tap earcup to answer calls, play/pause music, and increase and decrease volume; swipe to skip to the next or previous music track. The headphones’ noise-cancelling functionality is driven by a four-microphone (two in each earcup) multi-feedback system for wide-range performance that greatly reduces environmental noise.
The ATH-ANC700BT headphones feature 40 mm drivers that not only supply amazing wireless audio reproduction, but are capable of 5 – 40,000 Hz high-resolution frequency response when used with the included 1.2 m (3.9′) standard audio cable with 3.5 mm (1/8″) stereo mini-plug. Memory-foam earpads (firm internal layer, soft outer layer) provide excellent sound isolation and amazing comfort, and the earcups fold in to make the headphones more compact and easy to transport.
An internal lithium polymer rechargeable battery powers the headphones, giving users approximately 25 hours of continuous Bluetooth and ANC use (1,000 hours on standby) on a full charge. The headphones come with a 30 cm (1′) USB charging cable and a protective pouch.
How does it works?
Audio-Technica’s QuietPoint® headphones use active noise-cancelling technology to reduce distracting background noise, providing an exceptionally comfortable and restful listening environment in areas with high ambient noise. Active noise-cancelling headphones have components not present in ordinary headphones:
- Microphone – Noise-cancelling headphones feature a miniature microphone in the earpiece that picks up ambient noise (such as traffic, air-handling systems, etc.)
- Noise-canceling circuitry – Electronics in the ear piece create a noise-cancelling wave that is 180° out of phase with the ambient noise. This wave acts like a noise eraser: it cancels out the annoying sounds that surround you without diminishing the audio you want to hear. The result…a peaceful enclave to enjoy the music or movies of your choice.
- Battery – The noise-cancelling electronics are battery-powered.
Passive noise-reducing headphones and earphones do not offer active noise-cancelling electronics. Instead, closed-back sealed headphones achieve passive noise-reduction by physically covering the ears to help block out external noises.
Passive noise-reducing earphones offer an in-ear design that forms an acoustic seal that helps to block background noise and allow for increased fidelity at lower volume levels.
What’s in the box?
- Audio Technica QuietPoint ATH-ANC700BT Wireless Bluetooth Noise-Cancelling Headphones
- 30 cm (1′) USB charging cable
- 3.5 mm cable
- Carry pouch
- warranty period 1 year