- Reference closed-back headphones for home and on-the-go use
- Exclusive full-range speaker drivers with an ‘M’ shape pure Beryllium dome
- Uncompromising tonal balance
- Incredible dynamics within a pair of closed-back headphones
- Excellent performance when connected to a portable audiophile player
- Very good ambient noise soundproofing
- Comfortable and ergonomic
- High-quality materials used
What is it?
This very high-end circum-aural headphones manufactured at Focal is equipped with a new generation of exclusive electrodynamic speaker drivers, capable of working at low acoustic load while offering an extremely extensive frequency response (5Hz – 40kHz). Thanks to the many cutting-edge technology which are integrated in its speaker drivers (the frameless 100% copper voice coil, ‘M’-shaped pure Beryllium dome), Stellia delivers a perfect sound, whether bass articulation or the highest frequency details. In addition, Stellia’s offers extremely low impedance at 35 Ω, making the headphones very easy to drive through the output of a mobile audio source: experience the purity of sound, everywhere.
Each component has been developed with optimal acoustics in mind, without compromising on style. Because at Focal, innovation goes beyond technology; it influences product use and aesthetics. So, the two cognac and mocha finishes and the full-grain leather choosen sublimate this unique object.
To fully enjoy your music and amplify yours emotions, discover Arche, a perfect audiophile DAC and amplifier to combine with your hi-fi headphones.
How does it work?
Stellia uses the headband and yoke mechanical features originally developed for the Utopia headphones. The consistent curve between these two elements offers flawless comfort, regardless of the shape and size of the listener’s face and head. This comfort is enhanced by the high-resilience memory foam used for the earpads.
The two cognac and mocha finishes and the full-grain leather chosen are testament to the meticulous attention paid to each and every detail of these elegant headphones.
Stellia soundproofing capacity has been further enhanced by its closed design and thanks to the earpads whose 50% of their height is designed to diffuse sound through a non-perforated full-grain leather and 50% absorbs the audio signal through an acoustic cloth which covers the memory foam.
‘M’-shaped pure Beryllium dome, frameless 100% copper voice coil, new surround… are technologies which offer exceptional dynamics for closed-back headphones and contribute to the reproduction of the tiniest sound details at both high and low frequencies. The respect of the original audio signal is unfailing and the neutrality is flawless, for voices and trebles of astonishing realism. The Focal engineers worked to achieve the pure sound: vents are integrated to extend the speaker driver’s frequency response; an EVA foam positioned behind the speaker driver absorbs high frequencies; acoustic diffusers break up standing waves to obtain sound reproduction that is free of interference…
What’s in the box?
- Utopia Focal Stellia Closed Back Headphones
- A case cognac and mocha faux-leather
- One 3m (9.1ft) high-quality cable Ideal for use at home on a high-end amplifier, thanks to its symmetrical 4-pin XLR connector.
- One 1.2m (3⅜ft) high-quality cable designed to be portable with a stereo 3.5mm jack (⅛”).
- A rigid travel case in cognac and mocha woven finishes.