- Dimensions: 13″ (330 mm) Wide X 12.2″ (310mm) Deep X 4.1″ (105mm) High
- Weight: about 24 lbs. (10.75 KG)
- Power output: 5 watts of Class A amplification for superb sound quality
- Can easily drive the most demanding headphones
- Wide bandwidth, low distortion, S/N ratio greater than 95 dB
- Robust construction of brushed aluminum and steel
- Preamplifier features hand-made step attenuator and handselected resistors
- THD: 0.03% (1 w and 1 KHz)
- High-precision current mode potentiometer
What is it?
The EF-6 is a reference-quality, no-compromise product designed to properly drive the most demanding headphones such as our HIFIMAN HE-6. Hand-built by HIFIMAN craftsmen, the new EF6 flagship headphone amplifier provides audiophile quality for the most demanding listeners. Fit and finish hint at the amplifier’s exceptional performance under the hood. EF6 is a hi-end headphone amp with very powerful output. EF6 can also work as a world-class pre-amplifier. The EF6 the clear choice for discriminating music lovers seeking a no-compromise headphone amplifier yet priced well below units with comparable performance.
How does it work?
The HIFIMAN EF-6 is a Class A high-end headphone amplifier with exceptional sound and ample power reserves. The total DC feedback amplification circuit technology is adopted so as to reduce the sound loss which might be caused by capacity coupling. Three pairs of medium-power field efficiency transistors specially designed for audio use are set on each track of the output stage to guarantee that this amplifier can operate in purely Class A mode. The audiophile elements and precise manufacturing processes used in the EF-6 play an important role in this amplifier’s sound quality. And the 160 VA transformer and CLC filter provide great power for the amplification circuit. In addition, EF-6 employs robust construction of brushed aluminum and steel with a smooth CNC manufactured acrylic front panel.
What’s in the box?
- HIFIMAN EF6 Headphone Amplifier and Pre-Amplifier
- Limited 1-Year Warranty